New 60,000 points offer. Terms apply.

50,000 bonus points

In August 2015, the Canadian government began requiring that travelers from certain countries (not the U.S.) obtain eTAs (electronic travel authorizations) to enter or fly through Canada. The eTA costs $7 CAD. You can see if you need to get an eTA and/or a visa .

, the pursuit of eTAs has resulted in a number of complaints—almost 1,000, in fact—from people claiming to have overpaid on third-party websites. From the article: “Those caught up in scams are sometimes paying up to 18 times the actual cost of an eTA.”

Though the government “appears to be doing little to mitigate these issues,” it has released the video above. And it has clarified that there is only one place you should go to get your eTA: . Go there, and pay $7 CAD (if you need one). Don’t trust a third-party site!

Related: Get Free Entry into Canada’s National Parks in 2017



Tried this tip? Let me know in the comments!
Have your own tip? Email it to [email protected]!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 987!

Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!

If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your Hundredbacklinks.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.


The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Rate this post