Los Angeles is home to many of history’s greatest masterpieces. So today, on the city’s 231st birthday, we’re happy to share Los Angeles Tourism and Convention Board’s concerted efforts in highlighting the L.A.’s priceless artwork and exhibitions.
“Museums LA” is now offering visitors two FREE admissions and museum store discounts to those who book two nights or more through Discover LA at a local hotel of their choice between October 1, 2012 through November 11, 2012. This limited time offer may save you up to $450!
Here are a few of the and their highlights.
- (LACMA) – regularly a $15 admission fee per person and featuring four new exhibitions, as well as Levitated Mass by artist Michael Heizer
- Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens – regularly a $20 admission fee per person and featuring two new exhibitions in addition to its world-renowned gardens
- – regularly a $13 admission fee per person and home to the new Whitney Houston exhibition
- of Los Angeles County – regularly a $12 admission fee per person and home to the new Dinosaur Hall and the largest public display of gold in the world
- – regularly a $7 admission fee and featuring a new exhibition, Tattooing in LA
- – offering 25% off to see the spectacular immersive exhibit, Cleopatra: The Search for the Last Queen of Egypt
Some of the L.A.’s most famous masterpieces include:
- Vincent van Gogh’s Irises at the Getty Center;
- Diego Rivera’s Flower Day and Rene Magritte’s Treachery of Images at LACMA;
- One of only 14 known Gutenberg Bibles in the world, a 15th century edition of Chaucer’sCanterbury Tales, The Blue Boy by Thomas Gainsborough and Pinkie by Sir Thomas Lawrence at The Huntington, and
- John Singer Sargeant’s scandalous Doctor Pozzi at Home at The Hammer Museum
Whether you’re a L.A. native interested in a staycation in a different part of the city or an outta-towner looking for history with a side of adventure, there’s a hotel for you. Hotel options span from downtown to the Westside and Hollywood to the Valley, including Hotel Wilshire, Hotel Palomar, , , , ,, Hotel & Suites, Woodland Hills and .
*Any hotel (at any price) booked through qualifies for the “Museum LA” promotion deal. For more information visit LA Tourism’s Facebook page and on
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.