One of the best things to come to international travel in a while is Global Entry, which has kept me out of many long customs lines returning home. It’s well worth the $100 cost (good for five years).
Well now, US citizens with a valid US passport and Canadian citizens with both a valid Canadian passport and B1 or B2 Visa status can get basically a free version of Global Entry for travel through 21 U.S. airports and a cruise port —and it’s called .
The free app for and was created by the US government that lets you skip the usual customs line at US airports.
With Mobil Passport, you just fill out your profile and answer the CBP’s questions—then go straight through the “Mobile Passport Control” express lane at the airport!
Here’s how it works (direct from the horse’s mouth):
- Step 1: Set Up Your Profile
Enter your profile information as it appears on your valid, official passport.You can set up profiles for your entire family. Your information will be encrypted and shared only with CBP.
- Step 2: Answer a Few Questions
Answer CBP’s four brief questions about your trip. Then carefully review ALL of your information for the trip.
- Step 3: Submit To CBP
Once you land, connect to wireless or wi-fi and submit your data to CBP. Remember: when you submit, you are confirming under penalty of law that your information is correct. Within a few seconds, you will receive a CBP receipt with an encrypted barcode. Your receipt will be valid for 4 hours.
- Step 4: Skip the Line & Save Time!
Follow the MOBILE PASSPORT CONTROL signs and skip the lines! Show your passport to the CBP officer and scan the barcode on the CBP receipt. And that’s it!
Mobile Passport is currently available at:
– Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL)
– Baltimore-Washington Thurgood Marshall International Airport (BWI)
– Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
– Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
– Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
– Denver International Airport (DEN)
– Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
– Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
– Miami International Airport (MIA)
– Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP)
– Newark International Airport (EWR)
– New York John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
– Orlando International Airport (MCO)
– Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)
– Sacramento International Airport (SMF)
– San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
– San José International Airport (SJC)
– Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
– Tampa International Airport (TPA)
– Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
– William P. Hobby International Airport (HOU)
– Cruise: Port Everglades (PEV)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.