We receive compensation from our advertising partners for links on the blog. Here’s our full Advertiser Policy.
For a limited time, Chase bank has raised the offer on the United MileagePlus® Explorer Card to 50,000 miles after spending $3,000 in 3 months. Plus, you will also receive an additional 5,000 miles if you add an authorized user and they make a purchase in the same time period.
If you maximize the authorized user & sign-up bonus, you will have enough United miles for a round-trip flight to Hawaii, or basically a round-trip economy ticket OR one-way business class ticket to Europe!
Apply Now: United MileagePlus® Explorer Card
Eligibility for the United Explorer Credit Card
The United Explorer card falls under Chase’s 5/24 rule, so you will most likely not be approved if you’ve applied for 5+ credit cards in the last 24 months.
From the Chase United Explorer terms & conditions: “This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months.”
So, this offer isn’t for you if you currently hold the United Explorer, have received a bonus in the last 24 months on the United Explorer card, or have applied for 5+ credit cards from any bank in the last 24 months.
Perks of the United Explorer Card
The $95 annual fee is waived for the United MileagePlus® Explorer Card, and there are some great benefits that justify the paying the fee annually, especially if you fly United regularly.
Personally, I keep United Explorer open and pay the annual fee for the benefits. You get:
- two free lounge passes annually
- free first checked bag
- priority boarding
- no foreign transaction fees & chip technology
- 10,000 bonus United miles when you spend $25,000 in net purchases in a year
- Primary CDW car rental insurance
- no foreign transaction fee
- 2x miles per $1 on United airlines tickets
The United Explorer perks that stand out to me are the two free lounge passes, free checked bag, and priority boarding. These added benefits make flying United more enjoyable.
Full Marketing Bullets:
- Limited time offer – ends 3/15/18
- 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Check your first bag for free (a savings of up to $100 per roundtrip) when you use your Card to purchase your ticket
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club(SM) with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United, and 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Your miles don’t expire as long as your credit card account is open, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn
What Can You Do with United Miles
If you sign up for the United Explorer 50,000 offer, add an authorized user, and meet the minimum spending requirement, you will have 58,000 United miles. Round-trip economy tickets to Europe on United are only 60,000 miles, and that’s a pretty good deal. You can read more in this post for ways to spend 55,000 United miles.
Conclusion: Limited Time United Explorer Credit Card Offer
The standard sign-up bonus on the United MileagePlus Explorer card was 30,000 miles, so it’s nice to see the welcome offer go up to 50,000 miles. It’s even nicer that you can get an additional 5,000 miles by adding an authorized user.
The United Explorer card works well with Ultimate Rewards points earning cards (my favorite points to earn), like the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, since Ultimate Rewards points can be transferred to United at a 1:1 ratio instantly.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred or United Explorer Card
- Review of Chase Ultimate Rewards Points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Review
- Best United Credit Cards
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.