If you hadn’t heard, Alaska Airlines is aboard flights via Gogo in-flight internet. Their “Free Chat” works with iMessage, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. You will need to have one or all of these apps downloaded on to your phone before you fly. , here’s how Free Chat works:
- Turn on your smartphone’s Wi-Fi.
- Connect to the “gogoinflight” network.
- Launch your web browser.
- Choose the “Free Chat” option.
Good to know:
- It’s completely free and no purchase is required, and no messaging or data charges apply.
- If you’re on a flight with heavy Wi-Fi usage, and your message doesn’t send right away, wait a few minutes, and try sending again.
- Free Chat is only available on flights with Gogo.
- You can send text messages on most of flights over North America, except flights to Mexico, Hawai’i and Latin America.
- It’s available now through December 31, 2017
Don’t forget to set your phone to silent or vibrate so you don’t drive your seatmates batty.
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your Hundredbacklinks.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.