My travel agent buddy, John Dekker from Surf City Travel, just sent me this email that he received:
“Dear travel agent,
I have the pleasure to inform you that we can start to sell tickets from USA to Cuba. On the following link you’ll find all the information:
The link then brings you to a page with this info:
Aeromexico flights to Havana, Cuba
Visit Cuba with Aeromexico’s flights to Havana, Cuba! Avoid the hassle of charter flights and make an easy connection with Aeromexico’s service to Havana double daily via Mexico City and daily via Cancun.
Traveling from the U.S. to Cuba on Aeromexico has never been easier!
- Fly on a scheduled airline to Cuba.
- You can purchase a single ticket for your trip from the U.S. via Mexico to Cuba
- You can check your luggage through from the U.S. to Cuba and vice versa. No need to recheck your luggage in Mexico — just drop it off on the conveyor belt after Mexican customs.
- Check prices and pay online in U.S. dollars. Your credit card will be charged in the United States, so there are no foreign transaction fees for U.S. cards.
U.S. travelers: prepare your form for travel to Cuba
The following special rules apply only to people subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, which includes:
- United States citizens
- United States residents
- Persons who purchase their ticket to Cuba while physically in the United States
- Persons who began their travel to Cuba from the United States
If you fall into one of the above categories, you must submit a form to Aeromexico personnel at the gate of the flight to Cuba. On the form you certify that you are authorized to travel to Cuba either
- under one of the ,
- as a who is authorized under one of the
- under a specific OFAC license
You are entirely responsible for the declaration that you make on the form. Aeromexico cannot and does not verify your eligibility to travel to travel to Cuba other than ensuring that you make a declaration on the form, sign it and turn it in to us. Aeromexico retains the forms in case of any potential audit by the U.S. government.
Forms are available at the gates of flights to Cuba in Mexico City and Cancun airports, or you may , print it, and bring it to the gate.
Looks like it’s getting easier and easier for Americans to travel to Cuba. Might be time for me to book a trip!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.