today announced itineraries for its first-ever river cruise, which is set to sail in Europe in the summer and winter of 2016.
Sailing with , Adventures by Disney will offer four all-inclusive, family-themed sailings along the Danube River in the summer of 2016, each for eight days and seven nights. It will also offer one holiday-themed sailing in December 2016. Travelers will get to experience eight cities across Germany, Austria, Slovakia, and Hungary.
Summer 2016 highlights include:
- Tour of Mirabell Gardens and adventures through a salt mine (Austria)
- Nighttime Illuminations Cruise (Hungary)
- Horse show at Lazar Equestrian Park (Hungary)
- Medieval activities at Bratislava’s Devin Castle (Slovakia)
- Private marionette performance and strudel-making demo at Vienna’s Schönbrunn Palace (Austria)
- Revisit scenes from The Sound of Music in Salzburg (Austria)
- Falconry show at Hohenwerfen Castle (Austria)
- Walk along the tree tops at a unique outdoor adventure center in Kopfing (Germany)
- Oktoberfest! (Germany)
Highlights from the December 2016 holiday-themed sailing include visits to the Christmas markets in Budapest and Vienna and a Vienna Boys Choir Christmas performance in the Hofburg Palace Chapel—along with the above highlights.
Guests looking for even more local culture can add also 3-day/2-night pre- or post-stay experience in Prague or Czech Republic.
Passengers will sail aboard the brand new, 170-passenger AmaViola, a river cruise ship that is being custom-built for Disney by AmaWaterways. From the layout of the rooms to kid-friendly activities (including family karaoke, movie nights, a magic show, cooking classes, and games), this vessel is going to be geared toward meeting the needs of the traveling family.
River cruising offers a great deal of time at port, arriving at dawn and departing late night. That means more time for families aboard to discover the city however they choose.
For more details and to book reservations, call 1-800-543-0865 or visit . Photos credited to Adventures by Disney.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.