After Trinidad and Tobago I had the weekend off before heading to New York’s JFK to catch the first of my four Singapore Airlines flights. Of course, I wanted to spend my two free nights with Natalie and instead of flying up to freezing cold Toronto, I arranged for her to meet me in sunny Miami. FYI: A round-trip ticket was way too expensive so I got her two one-way tickets. For her flight down, I paid cash, as it was only $130, but since the return flight was twice the price, I used just 12,500 miles on American and paid the . Our flight times worked out perfectly and on top of that my sister, Carol, and brother-in-law, Tom, were in town so they picked us up at the airport and we all went to dinner one night.
5 Reasons to Stay at The Viceroy Miami
I could give you a play-by-play of our stay at the Viceroy Miami but instead here are five reasons why you should stay here:
1. First of all, the downtown Viceroy Miami high-rise on Brickell Avenue is beautifully designed, starting with the cool Easter Island columns you see when you first pull up. More on the hotel’s modern design can be found in Natalie’s article on .
2. Since the hotel is downtown and not on the beach, a happening poolscene is an imperative … and boy do they have one! The pool is 300 feet long, making it the longest infinity-edge pool in Florida. Although it was unseasonably cold, there were still lots of good-looking Northeasterners celebrating a bachelorette party and some Londoners soaking up what they could get. I could have lived without the wannabe Jersey Shore gym monkeys but they made for good people watching. The bottom line: There are plenty of chairs to create your own posse or paradise and finding shade isn’t a problem with all the surrounding high-rises.
3. The glamorous spa designed by Philippe Starck has an all-white, co-ed chill-out water salon with an enormous yellow Murano chandelier that will definitely make your jaw drop … and that’s before you even see the bikini-clad model beauties frolicking in the hot tubs. I’ve never seen anything like it before and when you get up close to the “floating library” you’ll notice it’s not really floating and all the books have been covered in white wrapping paper. Be sure to get a massage because their masseuses are top-notch.
4. The hotel room bathrooms are stocked with oversize bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash by Neil George. I’ve never heard of the brand but Natalie wouldn’t stop raving about how they were the best hotel toiletries she’s ever had because her long hair didn’t get tangled – that’s just short of a miracle. But don’t think about taking them home with you because each bottle will set you back $45.
5. The view is incredible. Unfortunately, our room didn’t have a great view because we were on the city side but luckily I witnessed the Biscayne Bay view side from the spa and far end of the pool because it’s gorgeous. Staring out the floor-to-ceiling windows made me want to sign up for one of the paddle board tours I kept seeing cruising by.FYI: Current rates at the Viceroy start at $195 a night.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.