is one of the go-to places for travelers to turn to get information, recommendations and travel inspiration. There are plenty of great travel tweeters to choose from but the 13 below will not disappoint. These tweeters are for those who love to travel, are eager to learn travel tips and want to stay informed and find deals.
- : Alerts followers of unpublished airfare deals and interesting and helpful consumer travel tips. They often find ridiculously low airfares like JFK-HNL for $383 R/T.
- @Sean_Oneill: Sean is a freelance writer based in London, travel tech columnist for @BBC_Travel and a reporter for . He not only tweets his interesting posts but also shares others tweets that are beneficial.
- : The Huffington Post has hundreds of contributors and they are always creating content for followers to explore this big, beautiful world.
- : They do a great job of keeping on top all the latest travel news, deals and trends about flights, hotels, cruises and destinations. The only negative is they rarely tweet anything other than their own content.
- : Scott is an airline reporter at the Associated Press, New Yorker and a self-proclaimed travel junkie. His tweets and stories are always interesting and timely.
- : If you like to keep on top of what’s going on in the travel industry, then follow Henry. He’s an airline, hotel and travel industry analyst at Hudson Crossing, focusing on business/industry strategy, marketing, distribution, and eBusiness topics.
- @Gadling: Will keep you up-to-date on all their fun, interesting, and relevant travel stories. Their Editor in Chief also does a great job tweeting, so you might want to follow him specifically as well!
- : Andrew is National Geographic’s Digital Nomad and he travels and tweets a LOT. His love for places, cultures and travel is infectious. He became particularly noteworthy when he traveled by bus and ship all the way from Washington D.C. to Antarctica.
- : This world traveler (he’s been to almost every country in the world) caught my attention when he posted a tweet showing how he’d earned an 808,185 US Airways frequent flier mile bonus. He offers all kinds of frequent flier advice and travel inspiration and is a New York Times bestseller for his book .
- : These guys are on top of aviation news, history and flight delays. If there’s ever breaking travel news, they’re usually the ones spreading the word as they monitor air traffic control all over the country.
- : Heather is a flight attendant for a major U.S. carrier, author of the New York Times bestseller and is fascinating to follow. Follow her if you’re interested to see what it’s like to be a flight attendant and juggle a family at the same time.
- : Jim Roberts is the assistant managing editor of The New York Times. Though he doesn’t just tweet about travel, I find his links to news stories fascinating and timely. If you want to be in the know about anything (but many times his tweets are travel related) follow Jim.
- I’m adding myself to this list because I think I do a pretty good job sharing relevant information on Twitter – but I’ll let you be the judge! I tweet great deals and travel news as well as travel trends and tons of photos from around the world.
So there you have it! Please let me know if you agree or disagree with any of these choices. Feel free to recommend a friend or yourself for a future travel tweeter column. I know there are many more out there and I’m always looking for the best of the best.
Happy travels and a wonderful New Year!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.