Recently, I had the pleasure of spending two glorious nights at Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk on the island of Oahu and here are my top 10 reasons why you would want to stay here:
1. Service: The service is genuinely friendly and they greet all new arrivals with a lei. The lobby is located on the 6th floor and at check-in they give you a chilled towel and watermelon-pineapple infused water. The best part is they never said no to any of my requests including when I needed to have an Indian visa application scanned, made into a PDF document and sent to my visa expediter. They did it all within five minutes and at no extra charge. And I left my cell charger in Kona, so when the bellmen delivered a variety of Mac Nuts to me, I asked if they happened to have any extra chargers around – sure enough, he brought one up for me to borrow within minutes. Impressive!
2. Rooms: The thirty-eight story modern building has 462 luxury guest rooms and suites that range from 355 to 2,050 square feet. They all come with fully stocked kitchens that include a full size refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, coffee pot, toaster, wine chiller… basically everything and more than most people have in their house. There’s also free Wi-Fi, cordless phones and balconies with views most of the world dreams about. FYI: Suites with one or more bedrooms also have a washing machine and dryer in the room!
3. View: I mentioned it in number two but the views deserve their own reason to stay here, especially on the higher floors as they have views of Diamond Head. No matter which floor you are on you will want to Skype your friends and family to share it.
4. Location: It’s literally a block away from the beach and centrally located. You can walk anywhere in Waikiki either by taking the surface streets or — my favorite – the beach. There’s tons of restaurants, shops and activities all within a quarter of a mile. Heck, there’s even a free Army museum that I never knew existed half a block away. As you will see in the photo gallery below I hiked Diamond Head with my friend Ikaika, met other friends for breakfast at The Modern and had dinner at Duke’s.
5. Beach Bags: The hotel makes up for not being right on the beach by supplying all guests with a daily packed beach bag that’s stocked with towels, bottled water, fruit, and sunscreen. Waikiki Beach is public so the hotel doesn’t have it’s own private beach but they do have a deal with an outfitter that rents chairs and umbrellas and allows you to charge it to your room.
6. Their Spa: Nothing like unwinding after a long flight than in a spa and Trump has a fine one. On arrival they clean your feet and hands with a hot towel while a toasty neck pillow loosens up the muscles. The passion fruit iced tea and raspberry Gummi Bears they offer make you feel even more pampered — and this is all before you are brought into your own private treatment room that doubles as a locker room since it has a closet for storing your belongings. I had one of their precious gem-infused oil treatments that combines rare flowers and herbal essences and contains diamonds, emeralds, rubies or sapphires. Trump never lacks the wow factor! Spa Info.
7. Liquid Artistry: They have an assortment of creative drinks using fresh ingredients including an award-winning Mai Tai from Wai’olu restaurant. It was voted World’s Best Mai Tai at the Barcardi Mai Tai Competition.
8. iPads as menus: Speaking of Wai’olu restaurant, not only do they have the best Mai Tai in the world and an open air restaurant with killer views, but their menus are on iPads so they are interactive.
9. Gym & Library: There’s a state-of-the-art gym and a small computer room with two computers to use for free and a printer – this is where I printed out my Indian visa form.
10. Stars Stay Here: It’s not surprising that many stars choose to stay at one of Trump’s hotels. After all many of them have been on his TV show. While I was there I stood next to Nicki Minaj waiting for the elevator.
So as you can see if I was planning a visit to a hot destination like Waikiki, I would be calling up Mr. Trump (and his kids as they’re the ones who manage Trump Hotels) and say “you’re HIRED!” (for my hotel accommodations, of course).
Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk, 223 Saratoga Road, Honolulu, HI 96815 US Ho 808.683.7777 Reservations: 1.877.683.7401. Email: [email protected].
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.